You can apply for a Ride Access Pass either via email or in person.
Once your application has been approved, you will be issued with your new Ride Access Pass ID which will be valid for 2 years. You and up to THREE helpers can then enjoy quicker access to the rides.
The photo ID card is valid for 2 years from the date of issue, so you need not bring documentation on each visit. However, you must visit the Guest Help & Information at the start of your day to collect a Daily Timecard and wristband. The photo ID card is also accepted at Alton Towers Resort, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, THORPE PARK Resort and LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.
Apply for your Ride Access Pass in advance via Email
THIS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO HELP REDUCE YOUR QUEUING ON THE DAY.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WILL BE REQUIRED:
- First name
- Last name
- The date of your first visit (when you will collect your pass)
- To support your application, you will be required to provide evidence of your disability. To do so, please ensure that you have one of the following documents (dated within the last 24 months), and attach a scanned copy of this to your email:
- Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance award letter (dated within the last 24 months) showing that you receive the higher rate mobility component.
- Personal Independence Payment letter (dated within the last 24 months) showing that you receive enhanced mobility component.
- A current and valid Blue Badge.
- A current and valid Access Card including the queuing logo on it. These cards are available here.
If you believe you are unable to stand in a queue line for any other reason, we are happy to arrange a Ride Access Pass upon presentation of a letter from a professional body (e.g. a Nurse or a BUPA Healthcare Advisor) or your GP or Consultant on header paper (dated within the last 24 months) which clearly states that you are unable to queue and why (we do not need a letter of diagnosis)..
*Please note we are not in a position to assess individuals’ abilities so we must insist that the letter from a medical professional states that you are unable to queue and why, rather than simply confirming your condition.
Please send this information to email@example.com
After receiving your email, our team will respond to confirm your eligibility within 7 days. You will then be provided with a link to register your details for your Ride Access ID Card online. Please follow the instructions and complete the form, and you will receive a confirmation email once this has been submitted.
On the day of your visit, please bring along the Case Number that you will receive in your original email, and also the confirmation number from your application to collect your pass! Passes can be collected at the Guest Help and Information at Adventure Point.
By emailing us over details, I confirm that:
(a) I explicitly consent to; and
(b) either the child is under the age of 13 or, where any child is 13 years of age or older, I have obtained (and will produce on request by Merlin) from the child, over the age of 13, to whom the application relates; and
(c) the adult who I am carrying out the application on behalf of, explicitly consents to the following:
- Merlin needs to collect personal information that relates to yours, the child’s or other adult’s disability. The information that Merlin will to need collect is called special categories of personal data and will include the following:
(d) a consultant or GP letter detailing your disability or the individual you are applying for
(e) a photocopy of your blue badge, or the individual you are applying for
(f) a letter from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), Disability Living Allowance (DLA), or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) stating that you are entitled to a higher rate or enhanced rate mobility allowance or the individual your applying for
- Merlin needs the special categories of data listed in point 1 above so that it can ensure that yourself, or the individual you applying for qualifies for an application for a disabled registration ID card
- Merlin will not share these special categories of personal data with any person other than its supplier, Avius who provide Merlin with survey and customer experience management software. Avius will only store the special categories of personal data for Merlin to use to in its assessment of your application.
Merlin will destroy the special categories of personal data (this includes the special categories of personal data stored by Avius) that you have given it 4 weeks from receiving the special categories of personal data.
- I understand that I have the right to withdraw this consent at any stage during the application process by contacting Merlin, however that the withdrawal of consent will prevent Merlin from processing this application.
I confirm my consent to the processing of special categories of data as explained above.
I confirm that the child is under the age of 13 or, where any child is 13 years of age or older, I confirm that I have explained how personal information will be used to the child and have obtained explicit consent to the above from the child, which will be supplied to Merlin on request.
I confirm that I have explained how personal information will be used to the adult that I am carrying out the application on behalf of and have obtained explicit consent to the above from the adult, which will be supplied to Merlin on request.
Apply for your pass at Chessington World of Adventures Resort on your first visit.
To apply for a Ride Access Pass in person, you will need to go to the Guest Help & Information (located in Adventure Point) and provide the above information and documentation in person.